Photo by Phil Squattrito
Article by Sharon Mortensen
The Loons Booster Club announces the start of the 2011 membership campaign. Area residents are invited to join the Loons Booster Club. Those joining by opening day, April 7, are eligible for a drawing of $25 in Loons Money. Membership is $15 for individuals and $30 for families.
Booster club members are invited to attend the Meet and Greet with players and coaching staff on Wednesday, April 6, from 6-8pm at Big E’s in the Holiday Inn, 810 Cinema Drive in Midland. Those interested in joining the Loons Booster Club may sign up during the Meet and Greet event.
Booster club members enjoy special benefits such as:
- Exclusive “behind the scenes tours” of Dow Diamond.
- Exclusive autograph and photograph sessions with Loons coaches and players.
- Social activities such as at our members-only Loons Insider meetings where we talk baseball and listen to exciting guest speakers.
- Bus trips to area minor league stadiums to cheer our Loons on the road.
- Booster Picnic with the players and coaches.
- Kid’s Club with special benefits for family members who are 18 years of age and younger.
The purpose of the booster club is to enthusiastically welcome and support players and coaches on and off the field, so that their stay in Midland is memorable and to provide extraordinary value to members by offering unique benefits and opportunities through exclusive events with players, coaches, Loons staff and fellow members. Booster club members help players and coaches feel at home by providing household goods, furniture, transportation, food and beverages for road trips and much more. Booster club membership provides a way for area residents to become more closely involved with the Loons and experience even greater enjoyment during the baseball season.
Membership applications can be downloaded from the Booster Club website at www.loonsboosterclub.com or can also be picked up at the Loons office.
© Sharon Mortensen, 2011